Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blended Oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies

2 cups butter
2 tsp baking soda
5 cups blended oatmeal
2 cups brown sugar
1 8oz Hershey bar (grated)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
24 oz chocolate chips
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
3 cups chopped nuts (optional)

measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder and set aside. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; Mix and then add the dry ingredients: four, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 min at 375. Makes 112 cookies

From Lisha Hogan My notes: When I don't have a candy bar I use milk chocolate chips. I always use margarine. These cookies are so good, but best fresh. Since the recipe makes so many I usually roll into balls and put in a ziploc in the freezer. They are super yummy frozen :) but can also be cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment